"According to Psychologists, there are four types of Intelligence:
1) Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
2) Emotional Quotient (EQ)
3) Social Quotient (SQ)
4) Adversity Quotient (AQ)
1. Intelligence Quotient (IQ): this is the measure of your level of comprehension. You need IQ to solve math, memorize things, and recall lessons.
2. Emotional Quotient (EQ): this is the measure of your ability to maintain peace with others, keep to time, be responsible, be honest, respect boundaries, be humble, genuine, and considerate.
3. Social Quotient (SQ): this is the measure of your ability to build a network of friends and maintain it over a long period of time.
People that have higher EQ and SQ tend to go further in life than those with a high IQ but low EQ and SQ. Most schools capitalize on improving IQ levels while EQ and SQ are played down.
A man of high IQ can end up being employed by a man of high EQ and SQ even though he has an average IQ.
Your EQ represents your Character, while your SQ represents your Charisma. Give in to habits that will improve these three Qs, especially your EQ and SQ.
Now there is a 4th one, a new paradigm:
4. The Adversity Quotient (AQ): The measure of your ability to go through a rough patch in life, and come out of it without giving up.
When faced with troubles, AQ determines who will give up, who will abandon their goals, and who will consider the easiest way out of a real life struggle.
Please expose your children to other areas of life other than just Academics. They should adore manual labour (never use work as a form of punishment), Sports and Arts.
There’s so much more to IQ which are not measurable, like their EQ, SQ, and AQ. Your children can become multifaceted human beings able to do things independent of adult intervention or assistance, if you first and foremost believe in them, trust them, and respect them. What are ways that you can show them that you do?
We, as the adults in their lives, do not need to prepare the road for them, we need to prepare them for the road.
Excerpt Credit to Mr Pawan